Mt. Rainier and Lenticular Clouds - Dec. 2008 copyright: JMM

November 19, 2006

Kraft Korner

This is my "Kraft Korner", where I make all my beaded jewelry and other crafts. It's set up in the family room, downstairs and is very cozy.This is what the family room looks like when I'm at my craft table. Groovy celestial curtains, no? I made them about 12 years ago for our kitchen in an apartment we lived in for a year in San Rafael, CA. These are pictures of my maternal grandparents, Maria Marganella and Anthony Marsh (the last name is Americanized from either Masciarelli or Marsharello; the family debate continues....) Brian got me the neon "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" sign for Christmas a few years ago. If you've never seen it, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe and Bogey are the patrons, and a young Elvis is the soda jerk. It's based on Edward Hopper's "The Nighthawks" which was the poster that was hanging in this spot till I got the new one. Everyone recognize sweet Vincent under the beaded amulet bag (made by my best friend in Maine)?
More supply drawers and boxes. The ribbons are "Participation" ribbons from a couple of entries in the Puyallup Fair a few years ago.


It's getting a little bit crowded as I continue to amass more and more supplies for beading and card making.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Fly me over, and I'll help you sort. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. it must be wonderful to be so creative and talented... I don't have an ounce of creativity in me

    good luck with it all

    lotsa luv ann xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann - your writing is outstanding, so don't say you don't have an ounce of creativity in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:50 AM

    The little cow in the last pic is "Dairy Fairy" patron Saint of Kraft Korner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I know that Anonymous was going to point out Dairy Fairy? :D

    ReplyDelete